Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find out if there are any complaints against a child care program?
The State Department of Public Health is the agency responsible for issuing and maintaining the licenses for Child Day Care Centers, Group Day Care Homes, Family Day Care Homes and Summer Programs in Connecticut.
Parents are encouraged to call the Day Care Licensing Unit for information on the regulations, to check on possible complaints regarding licensing violations or to file a complaint against a licensed program at 1-800-282-6063.
- Why do you need to know what town I live in?
- 2-1-1 Child Care would like to know which communities we are providing assistance to in finding child care. If you feel uncomfortable sharing this information with us, feel free to check the "No Answer" box.
- I have a 5 year old that I need care for; do I search under Preschool (3-5 years) or the School Age (5-12 years) option on your search engine?
- If your 5 years old child is either not currently attending school or attending a half day kindergarten program, you would use the Preschool search option. If your 5 year old is currently attending a full day kindergarten program, you would use the School Age search option.